Laundry. No one likes doing it. Everyone must.
Burdensome tasks seem so much more pleasant when an organized environment awaits. I've pinned this simple image to my renovation design board because it has the essentials (though the washing machine isn't pictured). Here are my musts for a laundry area:
- Machines to do the work!
- A space for the supplies (detergent, dryer sheets, etc.)
- At least three spaces to sort wets, bleach ready items and dark items.
- A space to dry both line items and hanger items.
- A spot to sort clean items by household member.
- Ironing Board with iron storage area.
- Area for pocket treasures (change, crayons, toys, etc.)
- A bag for dry clean only items so they are toss and take.
OK, so maybe I'm putting a little too much time into my laundry space. We already have shelving units over the high efficiency washer and dryer we purchased last year (a great purchase thanks to some statewide energy incentives). I have a few ideas on how to streamline the tight area I'm working with but I'm still searching. Do an internet search for 'Image of Laundry Room' and you'll come up with more than 6 million options.
I can't help but thinking that the more thought I put into the renovation - even for our laundry room - the less effort I'll have to put into the act of doing the laundry. Do you have any tips for getting through laundry day?